VIA VL701 – USB 3.0 to SATA bridge controller
The VIA VL701 is the industry's first USB 3.0 to SATA bridge controller to earn USB-Bus-Powered certification using a traditional hard drive disk. It is a highly integrated single chip solution that allows users to connect any SATA hard disk drive (HDD), solid state drive (SSD), or optical disc drive (ODD) to their PC via USB 3.0. With data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, data stored on SATA devices can be effortlessly transferred to a PC in a fraction of the time it would usually take compared to USB 2.0 or Firewire.
Featuring an industry-first fully-integrated 5V switching regulator, the VIA Labs VL701 Low-Power USB 3.0 to SATA Bridge achieves the highest power efficiency while offering substantial reduction of overall bill-of-material costs and a minimal footprint. By integrating all required voltage regulators and using advanced, high-efficiency design, the VL701 requires only minimal supporting components and has very low power consumption.
VIA Labs VL701 is available in QFN48 (6x6mm) and QFN44 (5x6mm) green packages to fit small form-factor design.
- Super-Speed USB (5Gb/s) and High-Speed USB (480Mb/s)
- Compliant to Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification Revision 1.0, and USB Specification revision 2.0
- Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport (BOT)
- USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) for streaming
- Integrated in-house Super-Speed PHY and USB2.0 PHY
- Serial ATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s
- Compliant to Serial ATA Specification Revision 2.6
- Integrated in-house SATA 3Gb/s PHY
- Support 48-bit LBA
- Built-in Voltage Regulators
- Software support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME, Mac OSX and various Linux kernels
- QFN 48L green package (6x6x0.85 mm)
- QFN 44L green package (5x6x0.85 mm)
- GPIOs for Special Function Usage